Connect with the Camp on social media, and see the impact they have first hand:
Camp is full of firsts—a first swim, a first lifelong friendship, a first feeling of independence. These moments matter, and the places where they occur are ingrained in our hearts and minds for a lifetime.
At the Rotary Youth Camp, we get that. That’s why our campers are at the heart of all we do. Our young campers, many of whom live with physical, mental, or emotional challenges, need a place to grow, laugh, and experience life’s firsts as their authentic selves. At the same time, our campers’ parents put their trust in us to ensure their children not only are safe, but flourish, during this time apart. We take these responsibilities seriously and have created an environment where all that is possible.
We believe in embracing and building up the youth of Greater Kansas City, regardless of race, income, age, gender, or disability. A century of cherished memories, transformative experiences, and children’s joy radiate from these camp grounds and shape our traditions of changing lives one camper, one parent, and one volunteer at a time.
Seeking a meaningful camp experience unlike any other? Look no further than the Rotary Youth Camp.
Located along the beautiful shores of Lake Jacomo, the 40-acre camp is available throughout the year for camping experiences. The layout of the campgrounds planned with campers’ specific needs and disabilities in mind.
- 13 rustic cabins with no electricity or water (sleeps 12 people each)
- Two tent camping areas with shelters and outhouses (sleeps 55-60 people)
- A large dining/activity hall (capacity of 250)
- Convenient cooking areas and shelters
- Centrally located bathrooms with hot and cold running water and flush toilets
- Administration and first aid buildings for groups using the camp